MEA Home Essentials Online
A practical guide on how to manage meetings, presented by Meetings & Events Australia (MEA). Organising Meetings shows you how, when and why of making your meeting successful
Organising Meetings: An Essential Learning Guide Online
The MEA Essentials in Meetings Management is now available online. This online learning program is a great opportunity for new practitioners who are working in the meetings and events industry to learn the language, structure and responsibility to organise a quality meeting or event.
The Essentials Program Online can be used by individuals as a knowledge entry point into the meetings and events industry; an induction tool for new employers or; as a performance measurement tool for those employees ready to move onto more senior roles.
Who would benefit from the Course?
The course is aimed at meetings industry personnel, corporate employees, organisation volunteers and/or students with little or no previous experience, (less than 12 months) who are, or want to be involved, in the delivery of meetings and events.
Typical groups of people who will benefit from the course include:
- Corporate, Association or Government Conference Coordinators/Assistants
- Special Events Coordinators
- Junior Staff of Professional Conference Organisations, or Conference Service Suppliers
- Banquet and Venue Coordinators
- Sales Executives/Coordinators
- Personal Assistants
- Students in related courses
- Volunteers responsible for meeting organisation in Charity or Community Organisations
What topics does the Course include?
- Setting the Objectives of the Meeting
- The Meetings Manager
- The Budget
- Site Selection
- Venue Operations and Accommodation
- Food and Beverage
- Speaker Support and Production
- Themed Events
- Trade Exhibitions
- Administration and On-site Management
What are the benefits of distance learning?
- Because the program is delivered via an online mode, it is to accessible to you anywhere and anytime.
- You are also presented with multiple entry and exit points and this means each chapter can be completed as “bite-size chunks” of learning.
- Your time is valued. A self-paced mode allowing you to completed the program within a timeframe that suits your schedule.
What does the course cost?
$325 + GST per person.
top of page