MEA Webinar: Secrets of Elite Executive Teams
Free for members, join MEA for an engaging three-part webinar series to learn everything you need to know to build and maintain a brilliant executive team, especially during challenging times.
In this three-part webinar series, we are diving deep into how to develop and maintain a high performing Executive team. As people start to meet in person once more, Event and Meeting organisations need to be driving forward to capitalise on the strong desire for people to gather and have meaningful experiences. Is your team ready?
This is for CEOs, MDs and GMs who want to level up their executive team performance.
Are you dealing with one of these scenarios?
- STARS: You’ve got a team of stars but not a star team. They are each super talented and accomplished, but in their own division. There may be power struggles, silos, and unhealthy competition. There may even be a few prima donnas. You really need them to think with more of a helicopter view of the whole organisation and collaborate more together.
- NOVICES: You’ve got a new team - either from a spill and fill, or you’re setting up a brand new enterprise or project. They are new to leadership, and new to each other. There may be confusion, jostling for position as they size each other up, and a lot of one on one time with you. You can’t get ahead because you are spending so much time dealing with them.
- AMATEURS: You’ve got a friendly team with great morale, but lack the ability to deliver. It’s fun, but it feels like all care and little responsibility. There are plenty of costly mistakes and missed deadlines. You spend a lot of time mopping up.
What you really want is an ELITE team. They are all technically competent in leading their own department and have big picture strategy and culture skills. They are proactive and collaborative. They can easily stand in for you (so you can have a break!) and stand in for their peers. Together you are building an amazing vision of the future, and moving actively towards it.
We aim to give you the frameworks and steps to take your team from wherever they are - Stars, Novices, or Amateurs - to Elite Executive status, and stay there.
Here is what we will cover:
Webinar 1: Assess Your Team
Monday 10 May 2021 | 12pm - 1pm AEST
- Determine what their most urgent development needs are
- Map out the next steps you can take immediately to shift them towards an Elite team (and give you some relief)
- Avoid common mistakes when it comes to leading a high performing team
Webinar 2: The Nuts and Bolt of Elite Teams
Tuesday 18 May 2021 | 12pm - 1pm AEST
- Specific practices you need to have in place to ensure collaboration and innovation
- What to look for when identifying people’s strengths, and the conditions to leverage them
- The single most important discipline you and your team need to embrace to get anywhere close to Elite performance
Webinar 3: Role of the Leader in Elite Teams
Tuesday 25 May 2021 | 12pm - 1pm AEST
- The key capabilities you need to be an amplifier of your team’s performance
- How things go wrong: troubleshooting Executive team disasters
- Keeping the vibe alive: long term sustainable Elite Performance
MEET THE SPEAKER
Leadership Expert and Trainer Australia-wide
Zoë Routh is one of Australia’s leading experts on people stuff in leadership. She helps leaders and teams overcome silos and turf wars to work better together. She has worked with individuals and teams internationally and in Australia since 1987. From the wild rivers of northern Ontario to the remote regions of Australia, Zoë has spent the last thirty years showing teams struggling with office politics and silos how to work better together. Zoë is the author of four books: Composure - How centred leaders make the biggest impact, Moments - Leadership when it matters most and Loyalty - Stop unwanted stuff turnover, boost engagement, and build lifelong advocates. Her fourth book, People Stuff - Beyond Personality Problems - An Advanced Handbook for Leadership, was released July 2020.
Registrations & Webinar Link: Registrations for this webinar series will close on Friday, 7 May 2021, 11.55pm AEST. The link to access the webinar and any further information will be shared with all registered attendees at 9am AEST on Monday, 10 May 2021. For late registrations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recording: This webinar will be recorded and available to view on-demand on MEA TV.
Price includes access to all three webinars.
HOW TO REGISTER
If you need assistance with registering, please go to our Member Hub: How To Register For An Event page.
Once you have reached the Confirmation Order Details page in the payment process, only click 'Place Order' once. This may take several moments to load. Clicking more than once may register you twice.
Upon successfully registering, you will receive a confirmation email to your nominated email address. Please wait up to 15 minutes for this to arrive before attempting to register again, or check your junk/spam inboxes.
Please Note: Registrations for this webinar series will close on Friday, 7 May 2021, 11.55pm AEST. The link to access the webinar and any further information will be shared with all registered attendees at 9am AEST on Monday, 10 May 2021.
This webinar will be recorded and available to view on-demand on MEA TV.