Evolve is the largest annual national conference for the Australian events industry where delegates engage, learn and network with peers across the community. It attracts approximately 700 event professionals from all sectors of the industry and from around Australia. The content of the program is designed to inform the industry on national and international trends in events. Evolve offers two and a half days of plenary and concurrent on a range of topics presented in relevant industry steams such as:
• Event Business – the events industry in Australia is made up of a high percentage of small businesses. This track is all about business and how to manage your business plan – from building a strategy to negotiation – and how to achieve positive outcomes to grow your business.
• Event Design & Management – Designed specifically for event managers and will focus on international trends across events and exhibitions, sustainability best practice, regional and city updates plus other key current topics.
• Future Leaders – developed by MEA’s Future Leaders designed to meet the education and professional development needs of tomorrow’s industry leaders.
• Leaders Forum – This track is for senior professionals and focuses on global issues and perspectives with insights and key takeaways to improve your leadership skills toolkit.
• Sales and Marketing – build on your skills to stay ahead in a highly competitive market. This track will include building relationships, using social media to grow your reach, analysis, measurement, and best sponsorship practices.
• Tech Talks – VR, Facial recognition, data, and all that is new in technology plus staging and production and how it is used to heighten the event experience.
• Wellness and Professional Development – this track will focus on developing your personal brand and professional skills to assist you in life and your career.
• Best Practice Case Studies – showcases the MEA Award-winning events as well as key international events with high levels of complexity. These case studies will provide insights into best practice in event management. Learn firsthand from producers of these amazing events
MEA is focused on delivering quality professional development and we are passionate about delivering current and valuable content to the events sector. We engage industry ‘track champions’ who provide experience and vision on subject matter and the selection of speakers. Evolve also hosts the MEA National Awards dinner and a dedicated networking space and an exhibition to showcase what is the latest and greatest in events.
Due to COVID-19, Evolve 2020 was reimagined as a virtual event, Evolve: Renovated, that was the first ever virtual conference using the EventsAIR ONAIR new technology platform. This platform enabled MEA to re-engage with the industry by delivering panel sessions, Q&A sessions, fireside chats, and keynote sessions enabling MEA to still deliver this hugely popular event for the industry.
WHAT DELEGATES SAID ABOUT EVOLVE: RENOVATED
‘Great conference covered various topics and relevant to todays' world we are living in.’
‘Congratulations to MEA on providing innovation and leadership for the events industry with Evolve.'
‘MEA leads the event industry with this engaging, interactive online event - as our industry changes the peak body is at the forefront of delivering expert content to keep all sectors informed and inspired.’
‘Content was excellent, planning and delivery brilliant. Speakers clear and concise.'
‘This was my first MEA conference, and thought the content was useful and engaging. Having the wellness activities throughout the program was a great way of breaking up the sessions.’
‘Well done on pulling off this virtual event. Content was very diverse and interesting! Looking forward to the next one’