MEA’s National Awards program is the most prestigious and highly regarded event industry Awards program in Australia.
The MEA Awards program is the pre-eminent Event Awards program in this country, entering its 37th year.
It is the only awards program that is run for the entire meetings and events industry. It covers all types of events from right across the country.
The award categories encompass the entire breadth of the events sector and have been designed to encourage and recognise exceptional achievements, creativity and outcomes for events held within Australia over a 12-month period. When you enter the MEA National Awards, you are competing against other professionals in the events industry - both members and non-members.
MEA has recorded this Awards webinar which can be viewed on MEATV to understand all of the changes to categories, points and to assist you in entering the Awards program,
The purpose of the National Awards Program is to:
- Recognise those who demonstrate excellence in the organisation, planning and delivery of business events, major events and festivals, special events, cause-related events, conferences and exhibitions.
- Reward individuals who excel in the planning, operation, marketing and delivery of events; and suppliers, destinations and agencies who attract events, push the boundaries, create and innovate.
- Identify excellence in venues and national events that demonstrate leadership and exceptional delegate or visitor experience; and
- Reinforce the value of the events industry and promote greater recognition for the sector within the wider business community.
- In 2020 due to COVID-19, Hall of Fame inductees will include winners of the national award in the same category for the periods 2018 and 2019 then will make a special allowance where the winner has won in 2020 or 2021.
2021 MEA Awards Important Dates:
- Qualification period: 1 January 2020 - 31 December 2020
- Entries close: 1 March 2021
- MEA checking and verification: 2 March 2021 - 5 March 2021
- Judging: 8 March 2021 - 21 March 2021
- State/Territory Awards Presentations: TBC
- National Award Ceremony: TBC
2020 MEA Awards Entry Fees:
Individual Categories (Incl GST):
Company Categories (Incl GST):