Supporting members through mentorship
Proudly supported by
The 2020/2021 Mentor Program was launched with the continued and valued support of Tourism Australia in 2020. The national program brought together event professionals from across the country to connect, share and assist in the development of skills, expertise and career progression. Mentees were matched with industry representatives to provide valuable advice and learning opportunities over the 6-month program. During this program, MEA undertook an online platform to enhance the engagement with our mentees and mentors. It provided some terrific tips and resources on how to maximise the experience as well as setting goals to achieve outcomes, and enabled our participants to connect online when face-to-face meetings were not possible.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Mentor Program is one of MEA’s valuable offerings designed to assist members along their career pathway as event professionals and the experience and value is equally shared between mentees and mentors.
- Mentees must be current members of MEA (either a representative from a Corporate Member on an Individual Member).
- The program will run from October 2020 to March 2021 and requires a commitment of approximately 1-2 hours per month.
- There is no cost to participate in the program and is offered as a valuable member benefit by MEA.
Some Next Steps
- Once you have been expressed interest in the program, you will be sent a link to make your formal application. This application includes a brief biography of your career so far, your skills set, a couple of ice breakers - what are your interests away from the industry and what you are looking for from the program so we can make the most suitable match for you.
- You’ll then be notified of your acceptance and your mentee/mentor so you can get underway.
- We’ll also provide you with some materials and guidelines to assist.
- Throughout the program, you’ll also be invited to some dedicated webinars designed specifically for the program.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registrations for the 2021/2022 Mentor Program have not yet opened. To express your interest, please contact the MEA Team.
TESTIMONIES FROM PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS
The Royal Australasian College of Physicians
"The program is super valuable with the support MEA gives you and your mentor. It really helped in building confidence and being able to make decisions as well as gain experience and build networks."
"Mentorship is so important to my career - just to be able to learn where you need to up skill and grow not just professionally but personally as well."
"The program is an amazing platform to connect mentors and mentor - that’s our future. It is a great forum to exchange ideas, have indepth conversations and it is re-investing in the future talent."
Sydney Olympic Park Authority
"Such a worthwhile experience. The opportunity to get insights is invaluable."