The Real Estate Institute of NSW is a leading membership association, representing and working with real estate agents across NSW.
We provide a range of services and products designed to help agents do their jobs better.
We work in a competitive market. We compete with a lot of commercial companies. So we work hard to win customers, and to retain them.
We market ourselves via our social media, digital advertising, video, magazine, e-newsletters, website, media presence and, importantly, events.
Whilst 2020 was challenging, we responded with a leading-edge hybrid Awards Gala Dinner in November 2020. The Venue Management Association acknowledged this recently by saying it was a "perfect example of a successful hybrid event. This Awards night had people, MCs and speakers at the Doltone House in Sydney, as well as virtually with delegates and speakers in their offices and at homes, all around the state. It was a resounding success!"
Due to the internal promotion of the Events Administrator, we're looking for someone special who can help us to keep delivering great events regardless of the challenges.
- Reporting to the Events Specialist, this role will work on a wide range of events including:
- our annual gala Awards Dinner with 700 attendees - in 2020 this was a hybrid event held at Doltone House and around the State.
- the Women in Real Estate Conference (300 attendees) - planning has started for the March 2021 event
- Women on Boards breakfast, Industry Summits and Proptech events are being planned for 2021.
- Annual Roadshow. We're about to start planning half-day presentations in 20 locations across NSW to groups of up to 100 members - from Byron Bay to Albury
- charity auction events across NSW
- We are seeking an experienced Events person with at least two years' experience to join us for a busy and exciting role. You will work closely with the Events Specialist to assist with the planning, preparation and execution of all events.
- MUST be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- At least two years' experience in an events role
- Strong administration skills
- High attention to detail
- Organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong level of initiative to improve processes and outcomes
- Willingness to learn and support the team
- Most important - positive, can-do attitude
- What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary
- 23 days of annual leave
- Support for further short course and formal training – we'll make you better
- Build skills to help you get the next career position either with us, or with another company – just like the current job holder has done.
How to apply
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org including your resume and cover letter (only applications including a covering letter will be considered)
Please advise your request salary, if you are an Australian citizen and how many years experience you have in Events
REINSW will review all applications and invite the selected candidates in for interview
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.