Hamilton Island is seeking an experienced and motivated Events Manager to join our team. Located at the edge of the world famous Great Barrier Reef and with the largest conference facilities in the Whitsundays, catering for up to 700 delegates, it's the ultimate conference and event destination.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall operational coordination and execution of all the services and requirements appropriate for all conferencing, events and meetings whilst ensuring efficiency and maintaining profitablity.
Culture & Benefits
- Save money with subsidised furnished staff accommodation
- Staff perks - discounts on restaurants and activities!
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Walk to work - forget city traffic
- Enjoy living and working on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef!
About the Role
- Develop and maintain sound employee and guest relations, including establishment of initial contact, rapport, recognition and feedback
- Liaise with relevant departments with regards to Multi Hire, Job share, recruitment, structured training courses and career/personal development for all Events staff
- Assist Manager to ensure all financial statistics and results relating to conference and event operations are to be monitored and used effectively to develop operational plans and ensure targets and budgets are met
- Improve existing and implement new standards that will not just benefit our clients, team members, department, but our resort and company as a whole.
- Hold weekly meetings with the Events Manager, Event Coordinators and Sous Chef to review menus, function forms and operational Concerns
- Ensure the security/safety of Operations is maintained with consistency and in accordance with the relevant legislation
- Full manual Drivers Licence
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and skill set in conferencing and events
- Previous use of Microsoft Word, Excel or equivalent
- Previous operational management experience within a banqueting environment
Click "apply" or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HIERecruitment
Follow us on Linkedin www.linkedin.com/company/hamilton-island