ICC Sydney is Australia’s premier convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct. Featuring a striking contemporary design, state-of-the-art technology and leading facilities, the world class venue provides the ultimate in quality, choice and flexibility for collaboration and innovation. Managed by ASM Global, every event at ICC Sydney is supported by globally experienced professionals.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic Business Development Coordinator - Exhibitions and International to provide high quality comprehensive administrative support to the Senior Business Development Manager (SBDM) - International and Exhibitions and Business Development Managers (BDMs) across both teams. This role is responsible for supporting the SBDM and the BDMs in the execution of key deliverables in an organised and timely manner, consistent with the operating practices of the Business Development team.
- Receive and field enquiry calls and emails
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of ICC Sydney products and services and a solid understanding of venue operations
- Be well informed of BD related policies and procedures and application of same
- Develop understanding and knowledge of key customer base
- Preparation and follow up of conference and exhibition proposals, room schedules and hiring agreements in conjunction with SBDM and BDMs
- Check availability and placing/amending tenancies as instructed by SBDM and BDMs
- Preparation of relevant team and sector reports as required
- Coordinate internal/external meetings, preparation of meeting agendas and taking of minutes as and when required
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the database
- Coordinate and host familiarisations / site inspections
- Travel management and itinerary planning
- Process of expense claim forms
- Promote customer relations by displaying a positive attitude, identifying needs and meeting client expectations
- Assist the extended BD team as and when required
Required Skills & Experience:
- Qualifications in business, event management or sales/marketing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the business events industry (exhibition industry based knowledge desirable)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Ungerboeck (ideal)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will be well organised with exceptional attention to detail and a demonstrated track record of delivering quality administrative outputs in a fast-paced environment. As a solution driven self-starter, you will possess a strong sense of initiative and the ability to collaborate effectively to reach optimal outcomes for the Business Development team and ICC Sydney. With excellent personal presentation and grooming, you will have a warm and professional communication style and a proven ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders across all levels.
Applying for this role:
To be eligible for employment you must be an Australian Citizen or a permanent resident of Australia, or hold an appropriate visa that allows you to work unrestricted in Australia.
Please note: relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These include National Criminal Records and National Police Background checks, Proof of Identity that meets the 100-point check and may include Working with Children background checks. Shortlisted candidates may also be required to pass a physical assessment as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions, regarding this role the Human Resources Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Natalie Marquardt (firstname.lastname@example.org).