About the Role
· Are you an experienced coordinator seeking a rewarding and challenging role in Darwin’s vibrant local Café and Gallery space?
· Develop, promote, and deliver events and art exhibitions at Lyons Cottage.
· Passionately promote Aboriginal Art and Culture from the Northern Territory
The ABT Coordinator supports the ABT Manager in the delivery of daily operations of the Aboriginal Bush Traders Gallery and Cafe. The position is responsible for ensuring the success of quality and well attended gallery exhibitions, events, and general retail sales. The ABT Coordinator will be highly organised and have exceptional communication skills.
Key Selection Criteria – Essential
1. Industry knowledge and understanding of Indigenous art, specifically within the NT;
2. Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and of issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in contemporary Australian society;
3. Experience in events and exhibition coordination;
4. Capacity to think outside the box in developing new ideas and opportunities for events, workshops, community involvement;
5. Exceptional organisation and communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment;
6. Experience in retail sales with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed financial targets;
Key Selection Criteria- Highly Desirable
1. Experience in or understanding of community/not-for profit organisation’s;
2. Qualifications within the Arts or Art History, Event Management or Business Administration;
3. An understanding of Point Of Sale processes such as cash handling and stock management and pricing;
Name: Samoane Regattieri
Phone number: (08) 8931 6650