ICC Sydney is Australia’s premier convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct. Featuring a striking contemporary design, state-of-the-art technology and leading facilities, the world class venue provides the ultimate in quality, choice and flexibility for collaboration and innovation. Managed by ASM Global, every event at ICC Sydney is supported by globally experienced professionals.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic Business Development Manager – International to work alongside the Senior Manager, Business Development International and Exhibitions to develop long-term international and national partnerships to drive new business for ICC Sydney and deliver on business objectives and revenue targets. This role focuses on key markets including Europe, North America and Asia.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers and decision makers, resulting in successful business event conversions from the international market.
- Assist the SMBD - International and Exhibitions to plan and execute sales activities.
- Identify and leverage best communication channels to communicate with clients in each geographic region.
- Identify and act on new business leads developed through market research, referrals and/or service opportunities including contract negotiations.
- Prepare and follow up proposals, contracts and reports.
- Coordinate and host familiarisations, attend at trade shows and related industry events.
- Develop deep knowledge of cultural/political behaviours, trends and marketplace insights required to best leverage ICC Sydney’s engagement and activity.
- Database management and reporting in conjunction with the SMBD – International and Exhibitions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Qualification in business, event management, sales and/or marketing
- Relevant work experience (minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role)
- Good understanding of event operational requirements
- High standard of writing and reporting skills
- Well organised with attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate and manage through challenging situations
- Be willing to engage in relevant ICC Sydney committees or industry special industry groups
The successful candidate will be a consummate business development professional with a demonstrated track record of developing sales strategies and converting business leads in a fast-paced environment. You will have previous sales experience in the corporate market or hospitality/tourism industry and strong knowledge of business to business sales methodologies. To succeed, you will have a passion for getting results; be resilient with a strong service orientation and exceptional communication skills. As a solution-driven self-starter, you will possess a strong sense of initiative and the ability to collaborate effectively to reach optimal outcomes for the Business Development team and ICC Sydney.
Applying for this role:
Please apply to this role via the Careers page on our website - https://iccsydney.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/655?c=iccsydney
To be eligible for employment you must be an Australian Citizen or a permanent resident of Australia, or hold an appropriate visa that allows you to work unrestricted in Australia.
Please note: relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These include National Criminal Records and National Police Background checks, Proof of Identity that meets the 100-point check and may include Working with Children background checks. Shortlisted candidates may also be required to pass a physical assessment as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions, regarding this role the Human Resources Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Natalie Marquardt (email@example.com).