Would you like to work for one of the most dynamic organisations that provides entertainment and service delivery of the highest of standards? Enjoy benefits of working with a diverse and innovative industry?
The Events Centre Caloundra is the largest performing arts and conference centre on the Sunshine Coast. Our vision is to be Queensland’s leading regional venue for arts, entertainment, cultural and corporate events while providing diverse business events and exceptional service delivery for the local community and visitors to the Sunshine Coast.
About the Role
- Reporting directly to the General Manager
- Work closely with direct reports (x 3) to cost and plan innovative menus, presentation, table service and bar functions that deliver high-quality catered experiences.
- Ensuring delivery of a creative and innovative hospitality experience
- Responsible for the Business Development and attraction of new corporate events
- Reviewing and continually improving strategies for profitability and repeat business
- Managing and reporting on all financial aspects of the Event Services Department
- Developing events and conference budgets, resourcing and customer satisfaction
- Monitoring compliance in accordance with workplace health and safety regulations
- Ability to negotiate and provide decision making outcomes to support the management of the Centre.
If you are an experienced professional who is passionate about all things Food and Beverage with experience in Conferences, Banquets, Business Events and Business Event Development we would like to hear from you. We require a natural leader, organised and able to lead and motivate your team. Other qualifications and experience include:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in hospitality, food and beverage, business events and/or conference management
- Experience in managing and delivering unique high-end business events
- Operational experience with a high attention to detail and forward planning
- Knowledge and understanding of budgetary preparation and financial control methods.
- Ability to lead by example and to provide quality leadership with workplace diversity and performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with exceptional organisational skills.
- Availability weekends, nights and split shifts
- Motivated to focus on continual improvements and working in a team environment
How to Apply:
If you’re up for the challenge, please attach your cover letter and resume.
Any enquiries please email Stefani Hayes – Accounting & HR Officer