Cronulla RSL Memorial Club, is a successful and progressive registered Club situated in southern Sydney. The Club aims to consistently provide, at the highest standard, a range of recreational and social amenities that are attractive, enjoyable and relevant to our members in a safe and friendly environment, located right on the beach at Cronulla.
The Club has its own Event Centre, Soldiers on the Esplanade, and is proud to announce we have partnered with Cronulla Surf Life Saving Club as their provider of events. Cronulla Surf Life Saving Club is rich in history and has undergone an extensive renovation. It reopened its doors in October 2021 with multiple beautiful rooms that have booked or held events including weddings, birthday parties, corporate events and more.
As the largest beachfront venue in the area, the Club has an array of multipurpose spaces with the largest room configuration accommodating up to 300 guests, enjoying expansive views beyond the Esplanade and out across the waves of Cronulla beach. An array of reserved spaces may also be hired in the public space.
We are seeking a Weddings and Event Sales Coordinator with a passion for the industry. This dynamic, multi-faceted role requires the successful candidate to possess incredible customer service skills, excellent communication skills and an impeccable eye for detail.
You will be responsible for the sale and coordination of all weddings and some social/corporate events, from initial enquiry right through to delivery on the event day.
You will be working alongside senior industry members who will train and assist you with your career growth.
The Wedding and Event Sales Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Guiding clients through from the sale of the event all the way to their special day.
- Promptly responding to incoming enquiries, facilitating site visits and forming detailed personalised quotations.
- Creating run sheets to be sent to all relevant departments and external suppliers to facilitate the smooth running of all events.
- Hosting clients for menu tastings, identifying upsell opportunities and liaising with suppliers.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients, staff, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Assisting on the wedding day, until the bride and groom enter the room.
- Collaboration with the marketing team to create content for social media, focusing on weddings.
- Drive new business opportunities for the Wedding and Social markets.
- Constantly keeping up with industry standards and being able to bring this knowledge to better our product.
- Monitoring and entering all database information and assisting with all administrative departmental duties.
To be successful in this position, you will need to have experience in the following:
- 2 years minimum of previous experience as a Wedding or Events Coordinator is essential.
- Proven knowledge and experience with large scale function operations from weddings, birthdays, engagement parties, and more.
- Deep understanding and willingness to learn about the wedding market.
- Attention to detail and ability to keep on top of wedding enquiries and client coordination simultaneously.
- A strong emphasis on consistency in delivering incredible customer service and events.
- High level skills in preparation of run sheets and briefs.
- Microsoft Office knowledge & skills.
- Confidence under pressure and flexibility in resolving issues and compliance requirements.
- Passion, pride and personality in everything that you do.
- Experience using a computerised booking management system and floorplan systems, such as EventsPro and InDesign is desirable, but can be taught.
- Presenting events/venues to clients via face to face (or virtual) presentations.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours and on weekends for weddings, site inspections and menu tastings.
Function Sales Manager
02 9523 6833