Meetings and Events Australia (MEA) was established in 1975 and is the peak body representing the events industry in Australia. It represents business and individuals that deliver events, are venues or destinations where events are held, or supply to thousands of events across Australia each year, of all natures.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate and administer MEA’s membership, education, conference and award programs, and support MEA’s various projects.
This is a role suited to someone who is switched on and streetwise but is in the early stage of their career wanting to make a mark and name for themselves in the dynamic events industry, or someone who is possibly in the twilight of their career and looking to ‘give back’ a bit of their gained experience for the greater good and benefit of the industry.
This will involve liaising with the latitude of MEA’s stakeholder groups including staff, members, students, event registrants, Board, committees, suppliers, and non-members of the Australian events industry to:
- Administer membership admission and renewal through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system database.
- Administer Diploma student activity for compliance purposes via Student Management System software
- Coordinate MEA’s annual State and National Awards program
- Coordinate registrations and payment for MEA’s conference
- Assist with the management of the MEA Accreditation program
- Create reports for the CEO as required
- Perform general office management including office equipment purchasing
- Assist when required at MEA events
- Undertake other duties as reasonably and lawfully directed by the CEO
The right person is someone who is/can:
- Interested in an events industry career
- Committed to exemplary customer service
- Naturally proactive and solution focused
- Able to self-direct, multi-task and prioritise
- Highly organised
- Team oriented
- Demonstrate computer skills and experience in working with Microsoft 365 and different databases and software systems, preferably including EventsAir.
- Exercise strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills
- Able to influence and negotiate
- Able to build strong professional networks
- Apply project management skills and experience
- Interested in the Australian events industry
MEA is a not-for-profit business environment. MEA is unable to sponsor employment for people without Australian work rights.
For answers to questions about the role, please contact Peter McDonald (CEO) on 02 9929 5400.
To apply for the role, please submit a cover letter and CV via firstname.lastname@example.org.