Meetings & Events Australia is the collective voice of the events industry in Australia. With the largest network of event professionals in Australia, MEA has been supporting the careers of our members and advancing the interests of the event industry since 1975.
MEA offers professional development and educational programs and accreditation. It provides a forum for members to discuss current issues and exchange ideas to improve the delivery of events.
It represents companies and individuals that stage, produce, manage, support and supply to the thousands of events across Australia each year. These events are conferences, meetings, exhibitions, product launches, seminars, special events and much more.
MEA's core purpose is to support progress in the careers of our members and advance the event industry.
MEA’s core purpose is to:
- Promote growth and excellence in the meetings and events sector
- Create business opportunities and facilitate business to business relationships
- Encourage better business practices
- Offer professional development and education to build a skilled and informed industry workforce
- Develop and manage an accreditation program to enhance the reputation of the industry and increase consumer confidence when dealing with industry professionals
- Expand the meetings and events market by promoting its value
- Promote and advocate the status and interests of its members and the event industry