MEA offers a range of events including Professional Development courses, Webinars, Workshops, Industry Leaders’ events, MEA Awards events, ClubMEA and Careers Insights. Registration and payment for these events are made via the online registration process.
Please note that this policy does not extend to the Evolve event or the MEA Awards submission. These programs have separate cancellation and refund policies, see below.
- Payment options are by either credit card at the time of registering, or by direct deposit. Credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- An auto-generated Confirmation of Registration will be forwarded to the registrant within 1 hour of the on-line registration completion confirming details of the event.
- If Direct Deposit payment option is selected, a tax invoice will be emailed to the registrant. Payment must be received by MEA 2 days prior to the commencement of the event. If payment is not received, the attendee may be asked to provide a credit card for payment on arrival at the event. Admission will not be allowed unless payment has been received.
If payment is processed by credit card, an eWay receipt of payment will be sent to the registrant. Please note this will be represented as ‘Meetings and Events Aus’ on your credit card statement.
A tax invoice can also be obtained at any time after registering by logging on to the MEA website and selecting ‘My Invoices’. A Tax Invoice will be available to be printed or saved to the registrant’s computer.
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellations must be received by the MEA National Office in writing at email@example.com. Refunds will only be made in accordance with the receipt of the written cancellation. Where a refund is due to a participant, payment will be made within 14 days via the same method payment.
If notification is received:
- More than 5 working days from event date
A full or part refund will be provided subject to confirmation of event requirements. Registrants must take into consideration prior to requesting a refund that venue, food and beverage etc. may have been finalised and confirmed prior to the event and therefore would have incurred considerable and non-refundable costs to MEA.
- Less than 5 working days from event date
Event registration fees will not be refunded 5 working days from event date or allocated to another MEA event. MEA cannot accept responsibility for changes to work commitments or personal circumstances within this 5 working day period.
MEA will accept a transfer of the registration to another member of the paying organisation at no extra cost.
A full refund will be given to all registrants if an event has been cancelled by MEA, subject to legal requirements.
If a registered attendee fails to attend an event, the event registration fees will cannot be refunded or allocated to another MEA event.
Use of Complimentary Event Entitlement
Event registrations for eligible companies using their complimentary partnership or event entitlement can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org including the name, email address and company name for the person using the entitlement along with the name of the intended event. For all intents and purposes, the complimentary event registration is treated as a paid registration and the above policies regarding cancellation, transfers and refunds apply.
MEA reserves the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule events due to low enrolments or unforeseen circumstances.
MEA Accreditation payments are non-refundable.
A strict cancellation policy applies to attend Evolve. To refer to the latest Terms and Conditions, please click here.
MEA Cancellation & Refund Policy
Revised April 2022