The MEA Awards acknowledge the achievements across the breadth of the events industry and showcase the outstanding work and excellence of individuals and businesses in Australia.
Entering the Awards is about recognising success, acknowledging your team and their work. Preparing an award submission can be a rewarding experience in itself, providing a formal opportunity to reflect on your approach, your processes and achievements throughout the year.
Receiving a State or National Award symbolises that you are the best of the best in the industry.
As a winner, you will:
- Receive a unique trophy and State Winner logo for being the State winner
- Receive a unique trophy and National Winner logo for being the National winner
- National Award winners will be published in MEA’s Celebration of Excellence Booklet
- National winners are interviewed at the National Awards Ceremony
- State and National winners are published on the MEA website
Other advantages to winning an Award:
- Incentivising staff by nominating them for individual awards to recognise their personal success and achievements.
- Recognising event professionals for consistent and exceptional standard of work
- Winning shows your staff and clients that you have achieved a high mark of excellence, that you are recognised by your peers and can be relied on to deliver professional service.
- Use the submission process to review and streamline your business practices and understand what worked to create success
- Benchmark your performance against the industry best with constructive feedback provided by a panel of independent Australian judges
- Benefit from the media coverage generated by the Awards to boost your company profile.
- Use the prestige of winning an award (state or national) in your marketing and collateral to further promote your organisation’s credibility
- A rewarding experience for your staff to know that they are part of a winning team.
2020 MEA Awards Important Dates
- Qualification period: 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2019
- Entries close: 12:00 Midnight (AEST) Tuesday 11 February 2020
- MEA checking and verification: 11-13 February 2020
- Judging: 14 - 24 February 2020
- State/Territory Awards Presentations: Friday 29 May 2020
- National Award Ceremony: Friday 29 May 2020
2020 MEA Awards Entry Fees
Individual Categories (Incl GST):
Company Categories (Incl GST):