Supporting members through mentorship
Proudly supported by
MEA was pleased to announce the 2022 MEA Mentor Program in March of this year.
With the continued support of Tourism Australia, the 2022 national program has brought together event professionals from across the country to connect, share and assist in the development of skills, expertise and career progression. Mentees have been matched with industry representatives to provide valuable advice and learning opportunities over the 3-month program. The Mentor Program is one of MEA’s valuable offerings designed to assist members along their career pathway as an event professional.
This year’s program is being hosted once again through an online platform, bringing an increased level of interaction, tracking and valuable resources for the participants.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The MEA Mentor Program is one of MEA’s valuable offerings designed to assist members along their career pathway as event professionals and the experience and value is equally shared between mentees and mentors.
- Mentees must be current members of MEA (either a Corporate Member on an Individual Member).
- The program will run for three months, from April 2022 to June 2022, and requires a commitment of approximately 1-2 hours per month.
- There is no cost to participate in the program and is offered as a valuable member benefit by MEA.
- Once you have expressed interest in the program, you will be sent a link during mid-March to make your formal application. This application includes a brief biography of your career so far, your skills set, a couple of ice breakers - what are your interests away from the industry and what you are looking for from the program so we can make the most suitable match for you.
- You’ll then be notified of your acceptance and your mentee/mentor so you can get underway.
- We’ll also provide you with some materials and guidelines to assist.
- Throughout the program, you’ll also be invited to some dedicated webinars designed specifically for the program.
21 March 2022
Expressions of interest for the program close.
Expressions of interest are processed & registration links are sent to
Matching process is undertaken.
Mentors and Mentees are advised of their match.
MEA Mentor Program: Introductory Webinar.
1 April - 30 June 2022
HOW TO REGISTER
Expressions of interest for the 2022 MEA Mentor Program have now closed. We thank everyone for their interest.
TESTIMONIES FROM PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS
The Royal Australasian College of Physicians
"The program is super valuable with the support MEA gives you and your mentor. It really helped in building confidence and being able to make decisions as well as gain experience and build networks."
"Mentorship is so important to my career - just to be able to learn where you need to up skill and grow not just professionally but personally as well."
"The program is an amazing platform to connect mentors and mentor - that’s our future. It is a great forum to exchange ideas, have indepth conversations and it is re-investing in the future talent."
Sydney Olympic Park Authority
"Such a worthwhile experience. The opportunity to get insights is invaluable."