#HumansofMEA - Kim Stevenson, Think Business Events
#HumansofMEA asked Kim Stevenson, Director at Think Business Events the one thing that makes a great meeting stand out, why Melbourne is her favourite place to work, and what she likes most about our industry, "I enjoy the variety in the events we organise, exceeding expectations of our clients and seeing all the hard work of our staff come together at the end to create memories for those attending”.
1. Kim, what strengths do you bring to the events industry?
“Coming from a hospitality background I can see things from a venue, supplier point of view which can help make communication clearer and I remain calm under pressure which is helpful when things get stressful”.
2. It is 5 pm on a Friday – what is in your glass?
“A dry rose and it doesn’t have to be 5pm or a Friday”.
We hear that Kim!
3. If Kim had a super power what would it be?
“I would love the ability to time travel and visit more places around Australia and the world”.
4. Everyone wants to know if Kim could work anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
“Having worked overseas, I can honestly say I would still pick Melbourne to work. We have such a diverse culture and hospitality scene we get the best of everything. Yes, working in Europe was exciting and it made travelling to different countries easy but it didn’t have that feeling of real community and the aussie spirit”.
5. Can we ask how do you like your eggs?
“Scrambled would be a favourite, preferably cooked by someone else”.
6. What is a skill no one would know Kim had?
“Thanks to Covid-19 I am back to making cheese at home, Camembert, Brie, Blues etc”
7. What do you like the most about working in the events industry Kim?
“I enjoy the variety in the events we organise, exceeding expectations of our clients and seeing all the hard work of our staff come together at the end to create memories for those attending”.
8. Where is your favourite holiday destination and what activity did you spend most of the time doing?
“Currently the favourite would be Vietnam. Holidays are spent around eating, restaurants and bars are researched meticulously prior to booking a destination and days are planned around restaurant opening hours/days”.
9. What is the current TV series you are watching Kim?
“I admit it, anything reality. Australian Survivor, MAFS, cooking shows etc. Something that does not take much brainpower. But saying that Queens Gambit and Mandalorian were 2020 favourites. And the Netflix documentary The Devil We Know change the way we buy cookware and view Teflon”.
10. Where would we find Kim on the weekend?
“On a Saturday it is cleaning, shopping, preparing dinner, walking the dogs. Sundays are long lunches either in the CBD or further afield, definitely on a rooftop if the weather is nice”.
Thank you Kim for talking with the #HumansofMEA Team!